The body is made up of muscles that work together (not just one at at time) and connective tissue that holds us together and allows us to move freely.
This is why working on strengthening one muscle at at time, on it's own, like doing traditional kegels or crunches may not work and may leave you frustrated! Likewise, if connective tissue is unable to move freely around the internal organs and muscles (example: scar tissue), it can create muscle imbalance too!
Did you know there are 4 muscle groups that make up your core?? Most of us think of the 6 pack is the core, but it's not even part of the true core! The four core muscles consist of the diaphragm (the muscle we use for breathing), the transversus abdominis (the deepest abdominal muscle that runs across our abdomen, like an inner tube wrapped around our waist), the multifidi (the deepest muscles running along the spine), and the pelvic floor muscles (the muscles you sit on - they hold in urine/gas and give you orgasms).
With our approach, we look at the core as a whole and we take a hands on approach to ensure the connective tissue is moving like it should, in order to find and treat the true cause of your symptoms.
When you have a normal, healthy core, and healthy connective tissue you should not be experiencing any of the following:
- Pain, tingling, numbness, or feeling of pressure or heaviness in the pelvis
- Pain with intercourse, gynecological/prostate exam, or insertion of tampons
- Severe abdominal pain cramping before or during your menstrual cycle
- Muscle holding/guarding and poor relaxation ability
- Leaking or urine or feces when you cough, laugh, sneeze, or exercise
- Frequent or intense urinary or fecal urgency during exercise
- Straining during urination or defecation
- Feeling of incomplete emptying after urinating or having a bowel movement
- Frequent UTI’s
- A bulge in the abdomen when you lift, sneeze, or curl up
- Urinary frequency greater than once every 2-3 hours
- Urinary urgency waking you to void at night
- Leaking of urine with urgency, or at night
- Bowel movement frequency less than 3 times/week or more than 3 times/day
- Pain or heaviness with prolonged walking or standing
- Inability to pick up your child or exercise due to pain/pressure
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, there is help and you don't have to live with it!
Don’t wait any longer, start your journey to lasting relief today!